Elaine Whittington Scholarship Application
ISM-SFV is proud to offer a scholarship every year to the most-deserving students from our local area. We invite all local students to apply for this achievement award that will help you financially and also for future opportunities.
This year we are awarding two $500 scholarships on May 10, 2017. Scholarships are to be used for educational expenses during the academic year of the award. Each scholarship check will be issued to the university in the name of the student to cover tuition and other academic expenses.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
- Must be either an
- a) full-time student in a business related major such as Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or a similarly related field of study, or b) a high school student planning to apply for a business related major.
- Must be enrolled at an accredited high school or four year college in Southern California.
- Must be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- College academic performance and ranking (high school if applicable)
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Leadership positions held in academic and non-academic organizations
- Awards and recognitions
- A personal statement and academic/professional recommendations
How to Apply
- Fill out this scholarship form, save it and send it as per instructions below
- Include a maximum two page personal essay that answers the prompt.
- Provide an official copy of your high school or college (as applicable) transcripts.
- Provide two recommendation forms. These should be completed by instructors, advisors, administrators and/or members of the business community who have first-hand knowledge of your leadership abilities and know you personally (forms at end).
Completed forms must be received by ISM-SFV by the following dates:
- The completed application and essay must be received at this address:
ISM-San Fernando Valley Scholarship Committee, PO Box 4365, West Hills, CA, 91308-4365
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: 2017 Scholarship Application.
Deadline for application and essay is April 7, 2017.
- The two recommendation forms should be completed by instructors, advisors, administrators and/or members of the business community who have first-hand knowledge of your leadership abilities and know you personally. Mail these to:
ISM San Fernando Valley Scholarship Committee, P.O Box 4365, West Hills, CA 91308-4365
Deadline for transcripts and recommendations is April 18, 2017.
*we are accepting applications currently!
Information submitted in the scholarship application forms is confidential and will not be shared with any third parties. This information is only used by us to determine scholarship eligibility. We may occasionally contact you with updates about our affiliate’s events and future scholarship programs. Please email scholarship@ISMSFV.org or call (434)-257-0826 for further inquiries.